New Horizons Band Guelph
Protocol for New Horizons Guelph Instructors and Participants
NHB Guelph is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for all instructors and program participants to prevent and reduce exposure to COVID-19. The safety plan for tritone Studio is at the bottom.
1. Do not attend any in-person NHB programs if you are experiencing symptoms.
No matter what, if you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, you are not permitted to attend any NHB in-person programs. Please self-monitor and use the Wellington Dufferin Guelph Public Health’s Self-Assessment Tool. Following this, all recommendations must be followed, and you must not attend until fully recovered. If a COVID-19 test is recommended, you are not permitted to attend until you have received a negative COVID-19 test result.
- If you have recently been in contact with someone who has shown symptoms and/or has tested positive for COVID-19, you should self-isolate until you are able to confirm your own status.
- NHB in-person participants are expected to communicate with the Music Director as soon as possible in the event they are unable to attend for any of the above reasons.
The Music Director or designate will be responsible for contacting all those who may have been in contact through the New Horizons Program, while maintaining confidentiality whenever possible.
2, Practice Proper Hand Hygiene
Frequent and thorough hand washing is key to preventing the spread of COVID-19 and other communicable and infectious illnesses. Please follow the Ontario Public Health best practices for hand hygiene. All participants must wash their hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water upon arriving at any in-person program, after coughing, sneezing or touching your face. Hands should be washed or sanitized after touching high-touch surfaces such as door handles, light switches, cabinets and faucets.
3. Practice Physical Distancing Whenever Possible
While attending the in-person program, it is necessary for all attendees to remain at least six feet apart at all times. Care will be taken to ensure this distance can be easily identified. Chairs will be placed a safe distance apart and participants should only enter the space if there is enough room for everyone to consistently maintain safe distance between each other.
4. Mandatory Masks
All participants who attend an in-person program are required to wear a cloth mask or face covering whenever possible to help prevent the spread of the virus through respiratory droplets, with the exception of those with health conditions that make wearing masks impossible.
5. Follow the COVID-19 rules established for the venue being used by NHB Guelph
Venues we will use for our in-person programs will have established a set of COVID-19 health and safety rules. Members will be informed of the rules to ensure our continued use of the venue. Use of the washroom, etc. will be the decision of the venue administrators.
6, Member and Equipment Expectations
General Considerations (adapted from the Colorado International Coalition of Performing Arts Aerosol Study)
Instrument & Equipment Expectations
- Members will be expected to bring their own instruments and equipment
- Percussionists will bring their own sticks, mallets and hand percussion
- Cleaning & hygiene protocols of each venue must be followed
- Mask the Person - well-fitting, multilayered, surgical style, washable and disposable;
- Mask the Instrument - Multi-layered, high thread count cotton fabric, non-stretchy material
- Masks are to be worn at all times except for the playing of a wind instrument. No talking should occur in the room without a mask being properly worn.
- Indoors 6x6 area for most wind instruments 9x6 for trombone
- Outdoors 6x6 area. Masks are still needed for the participants as well as the instrument.
- Spit Valves: are emptied onto a disposable, absorbent material to catch condensation.
- Handwashing: Soap and warm water and/or hand sanitizer must be available. Participants should wash hands/sanitize hands before and after class.
Tritone Studio of Music COVID-19 Safety Plan
Measures we are Taking
- Air purification system installed – Honeywell HPA300 Large Room HEPA Filer
- Minimum of one hour between occupancies to allow air filtration system to clean the air
- Equipment will be wiped down before and after each rehearsal
- A record of who uses the space will be kept for contact tracing purposes
- Provide hand sanitizer in the entries and bathroom areas
- Regular sanitization of high touch surfaces
Expectations for Use
- Self assess before arrival; you are not permitted to enter the space if you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms. Use this Online Self-Assessment Tool.
- Maintain physical distancing
- Wear a face covering where possible specifically when physically distancing is not possible
- Use hand sanitizer upon entry and exit of the studio and washroom
- Follow Ontario Public Health best practices
- Kitchenette is unavailable
- Punctual arrival and dismissal times
- No food or drink allowed other than personal water vessel
- Encourage respiratory hygiene – cough and sneeze etiquette
- Only participating members will be allowed in the space